Friday, February 11, 2022

Speak now…

If anyone objects to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace.

But you didn’t do either.

You didn’t crash my wedding in 2004 and speak up then…

And here you are now, in 2022, obviously not at peace 

I am sorry for playing the blame game tonight 

When it is equally my fault that we never got together 

I remember when I found out that you (choke) “got married.”

Have you ever thought to yourself

It should have been me?

I was disappointed deep down inside 

But would never honestly admit it

Until I did admit it!

I notice now that I keep seeing you everywhere I look!

What is he doing here?

You flatter me so much with your continued devotion!

But is this real?

Are you at peace in your actual life?

I often wonder…

Well I wish you peace!

I honestly hope that you carry on with your romantic pursuit of me 

I am just a mixed up mess of excitement and confusion 

I also want to apologize for not waiting for you, so many years ago! It’s not a race to the altar! What a wonderful husband you would have made for me!


Matteo: You want him to carry you off into the sunset, like he did Maeve? He couldn’t lift you, if he tried! Your boobs alone are 50 pounds, so be forewarned!

No comments:

Post a Comment