Thursday, March 24, 2022

One regret in publishing my book

 https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Danielle-Flore-ebook/dp/B0771M1KQH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=1V6GEJ7ZKLSIP&keywords=danielle+flore+the+voices&qid=1639734558&s=falkor&sprefix=danielle+flore+the+voices%2Caps%2C312&sr=1-1-catcorr


One regret in self publishing my story on Amazon and using Amazons editing services is this. If you read the description of the plot of my book, the very first sentence says something about being Catholic. Why did I let the editor advertise my book this way? The Voices is not a Catholic story and that has very little to do with my story. Saying that I was raised in a devout Catholic family is such a boring and off-putting detail. No one else is going to buy my book besides close friends and family now. I don’t need any more pity purchases. I just want to clarify that my book has very little to do with Catholicism and my problems stemming from my upbringing. I should have rejected their proposed story synopsis because it is boring, misleading, and embarrassing to me. This story deals more with psychosis and superstition.

No comments:

Post a Comment