Monday, March 13, 2023

I got this email today

I guess I never unsubscribed from this person’s email list but everything she sends me about herself just drives me up the wall. She is the most high profile schizophrenic out there. Sounds like a blessing and a curse at the same time. I prefer to remain incognito personally. Apparently there is going to be a comedy showcase in New York featuring some East Coast mental health advocates. I am probably funnier than all of them so I hope they are not reading this and stealing my jokes. No one would ever think to invite me because I am over here on the Best Coast. I visited New York once during my big psychotic episode in 2014. The only reason why I ever went to New York was because I was unmedicated and thought it seemed like a great idea at the time. Once I got there, I saw that it was a very grimy gritty city. I have no intention of ever going back there, so have fun at your little comedy show. I have three children and a life so I am very busy over here in San Diego anyway.

I know you are thinking that I should be supportive of this woman’s success and stand by her but no one ever includes me in any mental health showcases. I have a story and a lot that I could contribute. I really feel the stigma as no one publicly follows my blog. There is no love there. I guess the stigma of mental illness is too great to follow me. I am just bitter. I have asked myself this question many times, “Would you really want to be the public’s face of schizophrenia?”  Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment