Thursday, July 26, 2018

pill-rolling

(pil'rōl-ing),


circular movement of the opposed tips of the thumb and the index finger appearing as a form of tremor iparalysisagitans.

I noticed that I was pill-rolling my fingers today. I have not done this for a long time. I started doing this, as a young child, with my baby blanket.  As a child, I would pill roll with my satin baby blanket, when I was trying to go to sleep.  I'm 43 and still doing it, however I have gone through long periods of not doing it. 


When I was in high school, the school psychologist saw me pill-rolling at my desk and she told me that I would become schizophrenic. She did not even pull me aside, to tell me this. She blurted it out in front of  my whole Sophomore year psychology class. I still resent her for that. She was right, but now I am worried about bigger things. 


Is this more a by-product of SZA?  Do I do it as a soother for stress, or is something wrong with my brain? When I look it up, all I find are articles on Parkinson's and brain calcification. I do have schizoaffective disorder.  I wonder about this sometimes, but I am trying not to worry over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment