Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Belief perseverance is maintaining a belief despite new information that firmly contradicts it. Such beliefs may even be strengthened when others attempt to present evidence debunking them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief_perseverance

I just saw this link on Schizophrenia.com and related to it. I consider myself a rational person, with moments of irrationality. I suffer from Belief Perseverance. For example, you cannot tell me that these two guys from my past are not driving through my neighborhood, checking up on me. Maybe I should unblock these people on Facebook and get a reality slap. On second thought, no thanks. I would rather remain irrational. Reality checks hurt!

I also believe that people in my neighborhood are reading my blog. Their reactions towards me differ, on a daily basis. If a neighbor or acquaintance dislike my latest post, I could get "resting bitch face" from them.

I do not understand the glare and unfriendliness of some people. Occasionally, I blame it on my notorious blog. It couldn't be that they merely do not like me. That is never the case. NO ONE thinks I am a bitch! :) I don't want to believe that anyway. I am trying to smile at strangers more. It cuts through the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment