Tuesday, April 7, 2020

No one wants unsolicited parenting and mental health advice!

When I was having my children, I was not going to let my mental health hiccups stop me. I was motivated to have children and be a stay-at-home mom. My symptoms were under control, so I went for it. There were no books out there about parenting, with a mental illness. Maybe I should write one! My easy-going personality and sense of humor have helped me a lot.

I am open online about my mental illness and with family and close friends. If you do a google search of my name, my book about my mental health journey, is the first thing you see. Although I want to promote my book, this presents a double-edge sword. Nosy people on the outskirts of my life, know way too much about me!

So, one of my daughters is starting puberty and getting into some dark, online games. She has Asperger's syndrome and I worry about what goes on there and also that she will develop my mental illness. Her school knows my situation and are watching me closely, during this Coronavirus quarantine. My children are braving the Coronavirus storm well though. They are home and pretty happy. Now we have to adapt to online learning, which falls mostly on me, to implement. I just resent feeling the heat for my daughters situation. The finger is being pointed in my direction, because of my background and my honesty with the school. The school thinks that I am not doing enough to help my daughter.

I am getting so much unsolicited parenting advice, from my daughters school. Certain people from the school are even pretending that we are friends, to get me to confide in and listen to them. We are not friends! It is a scary situation because I do not trust the school and they are acting scared of my daughter. She is an artist and very creative. I guess she showed the school some dark drawings and stories. Or rather, they found them, while snooping her school IPad. Me and my daughter have a lot in common. I want to protect her from online predators and bad influences, but also from her overbearing school. So we are taking steps to help my daughter.

If you are reading this, no one is taking my sweet daughter away from me, to a crisis center, when she is happy at home, with us. I may become a homeschool teacher next year! We shall see.

https://marsandstarsbaby.com/9-funny-memes-parenting-advice-will-make-nod-head/

No comments:

Post a Comment