Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Big word of the day: ultimogeniture

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimogeniture#Advantages_and_disadvantages

My mother used to hint at me staying home and taking care of her as she ages until death. She would tell me that the youngest child is assigned that role, in some cultures. I still do not know which culture she spoke of. My mother ended up using nurses to take care of her and I just had to keep her company. Thank God for my mother’s CNAS! My mother wanted me to solely take care of her after her aneurysm and not my father. Awkward! I had three little children to take care of!

In my attempt to research this phenomena I learned that the youngest was also supposed to inherit the estate completely. My mother forgot to mention that. Regardless, that never became a reality either. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment