Sunday, April 19, 2020

The Quarantined Theatre Company's virtual performance of King Lear

A Facebook friend of mine is starring in this virtual play. She is a beautiful girl named Gabrielle Korte. I used to work with her at French Corner in Leucadia. I am happy that she is achieving in her acting pursuits. I always wished that I had the attention span for Shakespeare. I was never interested in high school English class or Drama class, no matter how much I tried.

Today, as I was reading my friends synopsis of King Lear, I was interested. She said King Lear is full of revenge, madness, lust, and murder most foul! Call me an egomaniac, but it sounds a bit like my story, The Voices by Danielle Flore, available on AMAZON. :)

I should be reading King Lear and I might watch my friend's performance. I mean, what else have i got to do? Unfortunately I went to the online Cliff's Notes version of King Lear (Wikipedia) and I got bored again. YAWN!

I know that reading Shakespeare might make me a better writer. Everyone loves King Lear. It's a classic.

OOPS it is on YouTube right now. (4 PM PST) so I will give you my review later! :)

Ok I watched it for a few minutes. It is a Zoom meeting but they make it work and my friend Gabby is the best actor there.

No comments:

Post a Comment