Saturday, April 25, 2020

June 15, 1998 the date of my college graduation

Well, this picture really says it all. “Surrounded by strangers and miserable.” Depression reared it’s ugly head that day and for years after. My mother really wanted to see me graduate, but I was over college. I walked down the aisle for her sake and because I thought it might be a fun day with my family. It turned out to be a nice day in Santa Barbara, after we drove away from the university.

My mother had a discussion with me, after I graduated. She said that she was disappointed that I didn’t have a single boyfriend in college and she feared that my chances to find a husband had been greatly reduced, upon graduation. Was I over the hill already at 22 years old? What antiquated thinking!


There was a better picture of me taken on my graduation day but I cannot find it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment