Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A drum line?

Maybe it’s just coincidence but I feel that Fate works in mysterious ways. I was at a high school orientation for my daughter today. The friendliest woman there struck up a conversation with me. We were watching the school marching band practice and socialize after school. The woman commented to me, “Where’s the drummer? They don’t have a drummer?” I looked back at her and said, “I agree. Every band needs a drummer.” A good marching band should always have a drum line. The men standing there looked at us like we were crazy though., as if they couldn’t imagine it and as if it’s never been done before. Weird. I love drummers so it made me think of Trey.

On the depressing side, the teacher speaking today at the high school mentioned that he graduated from the very same high school that he is teaching at in 2014. I thought to myself “what a youngster!” Was 2014 a long time ago? That was a terrible year for me because I decided to leave Stephen. I thought Trey was pursuing me and planning on leaving his wife in Santa Cruz. Both assumptions were untrue and totally shattered the life I was living. It is now 2022 and we are no further along in the process. I guess I should embrace my life and relish the abundant amount of time that I have right now to love nurture and live in the same house as my three beautiful blessed children.  I am loving that right now. But any time someone mentions the year 2014 I always get weirded out.

No comments:

Post a Comment