Friday, May 6, 2022

Being strung along vs. remaining with my truest friend

 I tried to live my life in a way that I would avoid falling so deeply in love that my heart would ultimately shatter in a million pieces one day. They say everyone suffers a broken heart at some point in their life. Knowing that, I chose a life partner who is more of a good friend than anything. He has been my best friend/confidante/listening ear/advice giver going on 20 years now. No one ever wanted to date me in high school, college and beyond college, when I moved to San Diego. So I settled down with my best and only friend.

But wait…some shy guy from college days begs to differ. He tries to screw up my direction all the time, showing up in Carlsbad and reminding me that he did/does have feelings for me. Why bother if you are never going to leave your wife? To string me along and confuse me and break my heart over and over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment