Tuesday, September 27, 2022

I never really dated seriously in my 20’s.


This statement brings to mind many things. I started out in my early 20’s not dating in college. I went to a hookup college but tried to avoid hooking up and feeling used. It’s a shallow lifestyle. No one at my college was mature enough for a girlfriend or maybe I just wasn’t considered prime dating material back then. Throughout college, alcohol and marijuana took over my decision making. When I turned 21 and started going to bars, I got into the usual troubles. (Beer goggles and drunken hookups) As I started pushing 25 I moved to San Diego and having gained weight was not desirable to the male dating population. So my point is I wished I had dates with gentlemen in my 20’s but that was not my experience. I didn’t get involved enough with anyone to need therapy upon our breakup. Trey lurks around Carlsbad to try to conjure regret up in me but he was never my boyfriend. I thought I would escape the heartbreak and therapy from him but apparently not because I am in therapy discussing Trey now.

Matt: In the 1920’s or in your 20’s. Be forewarned!

No comments:

Post a Comment