Thursday, September 8, 2022

Lamenting over the article I published

 https://oc87recoverydiaries.org/author/danielle-flore/

You can live with schizoaffective disorder and be a wonderful parent. You can be a lousy partner to your spouse and still be a wonderful parent. You can get a divorce and be a wonderful parent. You can love your children to the moon and back throughout the hard times too. As long as my children know that I love them like crazy and I continue actively parenting them as they grow up, I will feel satisfied and self content with the parenting job that I am doing.

I must admit that when I wrote this article I was focusing on other aspects of my story. My children were living with their father at this point and I wanted to honor their online privacy so the article hardly mentions them. The editor and publisher (I feel) judged me for this decision. I still feel judged for making as they said “a vain and misguided decision” This is what was published. A story about how stupid and vain I am, based upon on a judgment by people I don’t know (and at this point don’t like) I wonder if I can unpublish this article, as I had to use my real name and it pops up every time someone googles me. So be it. It was a vain and misguided decision. I don’t consider myself vain for wanting to be healthy and thin though. My antipsychotic makes it hard to be healthy, as it slows down my metabolism and makes me very hungry. I am a warrior though and working daily on battling this. I don’t think that is vain either. So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment