Sunday, September 4, 2022

Song of the night


 Someone serenaded me with this song over the speakers at Vons the other day. It takes me back to college and the guy that I wanted to marry straight out of college. What would have happened if he actually became my boyfriend right then and there, knowing all along that we wanted to get married soon after we got out of there? I had drug and alcohol issues, bad influence friends, untreated mental illness. I would have been the worst wife to him. Would we have started going to bars in our 20’s? Would we have gotten into a ton of drunken trouble? Would it have torn our marriage apart? I really wonder about that and I wonder about him and if he is thinking about me now.  He is probably with his wife right now, reminiscing about all the good times that they have shared together while married and I am so far removed from that and him. It’s sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment