Thursday, February 9, 2023

My biggest regret in writing my book

 If any other writers are reading this, I wonder what your biggest writing regret is. In writing my story I regret writing the very beginning part about my childhood. My story doesn’t really begin there. I didn’t intend to write an autobiography but it was certainly marketed that way by Amazon. My story was a flop. I feel that if I didn’t begin my story writing about my Catholic upbringing more people would have bought my book. It was an instant turnoff to many people, as so many people dislike Catholics. I think that people assumed from the start that my story would be boring. Well I can tell you that it is not boring and it is not about whether I am Catholic or not. Maybe they thought to themselves, “A schizophrenic Catholic? Go figure. No wonder she went crazy or She deserves her misery.” 

I wrote a story derived from the voices in my head. Is that a weird idea? Probably. Oh well! My story is out there now, as I wanted it to be. I get so many hits on this blog that it is sad none of that traffic translates into Amazon book sales. Pick up my story The Voices by Danielle Flore on Amazon today because it is interesting and it offers many insights, regarding living with mental illness.


https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Danielle-Flore/dp/0692956964/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=30TV5MYGZUO8U&keywords=danielle+flore+the+voices&qid=1675991359&sprefix=%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-1


No comments:

Post a Comment