Wednesday, April 25, 2018

I will quote another writer, Rebecca Chamaa, when I say, " I don't completely trust the mind I have been given - it has deserted me before." I really identified with that statement. When I had a major psychotic episode in 2014, I had deserted my medication regimen. Next, I deserted my life completely and drove out to the desert. Before, during, and months after my trip to the desert, my mind deserted me. The voices in my head told me to get up in the middle of the night and drive aimlessly until I ran out of gas in Gila Bend, AZ. Tired and delusional, I found myself stuck in Arizona with no money to eat, sleep, or get home. I relied on a kind shopkeeper for a phone to call my family who came to my rescue. The kind stranger in Arizona also gave me $20 to eat. Arizona is a beautiful state and now that I am stable, I really want to go back and visit. This video reminds me of the beauty in Arizona that I was not focused on during my last road trip there.


No comments:

Post a Comment