Thursday, June 6, 2019

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/brian-wilson-tour-postponed-845180/

Feel better Brian Wilson! I can’t imagine going on the road with this illness. The rigors of the music industry seem insane. I couldn’t imagine living with the pressure of touring in addition to schizoaffective disorder. Most of us are unemployed and on disability. My illness definitely impedes my work. I am blessed to be a stay at home Mom. I still work hard but I manage it just fine.

Traveling stresses me out and triggers my voices. Social anxiety and meeting new people can trigger my voices.  He does that every day on the road.  Thinking that people don’t like me or are upset with me triggers my voices.  I imagine that it is much like that for Brian Wilson. He is a perfectionist and puts a lot of pressure on himself. Imagine trying to perform with the same skill and passion as you did in your youth.  I always pay attention to news stories about Brian Wilson because we both have schizoaffective disorder and I am curious about his struggles and how he deals with them. Will my schizoaffective disorder get worse as I age? Hopefully not!

No comments:

Post a Comment