Sunday, June 2, 2019

Why do I feel like Kitty Genovese in this scenario? Today I was on the social networking website, Nextdoor. One neighbor reported to the police the sounds of screaming from within a passing car. No one has been reported missing yet. It is reassuring to know that my neighbors would stick their neck out to help in an emergency.

I read about the murder of Kitty Genovese today where many neighbors heard and may have seen her murder but did nothing to help her. I feel that way sometimes. When I hear voices, especially when the voices tell me that they are coming from my enemies, I wonder how to stop the voices from harassing me. What did I do to deserve this? I put this blog out there for the world to see. If people know that I am being hexed, why don't they intervene? No one does anything to stop these individuals. No one ever addresses what is happening to me. Basically, no one believes me or is willing to help. It is a hopeless situation because no one thinks this is anything more than the byproduct of my mental illness. Just wait and see...

Someone expressed an unpopular opinion on Twitter today.  This person said that every movie is the same. It is always about a cheating husband or someone getting  murdered. What I have to say is that cheating has been going on since the beginning of time. Movies often reflect what is going on in society. Men have always checked out other women. I see it every day.  This goes on even with the happiest of couples. How far they take it-from looking to flirting to actual physical contact varies from individual to individual. I am defensive because my story, The Voices, involves extramarital flirting and temptation. It is a very relevant and juicy story. I dream of making a movie about it someday.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese

Leigh: Yes, you are trying to make a movie out of your misery. Be forewarned.

Sometimes I think Leigh is talking to me and it morphs into Federica mid-sentence. I don't know who is talking to me. Really, it is so confusing!

Esteban: You are dead meat for blogging everything that we say to you. You are digging your own grave. Be forewarned.

No comments:

Post a Comment