Saturday, June 22, 2019

I just read an article about social functioning and schizophrenia. The study reports that schizophrenics have impaired social functioning. I probably suffer from social discomfort and social anxiety but I don't feel severely impaired. Perhaps my medications help me with that.

I have a supportive group of mom friends that I found once my children started school. My sister once said, "You are lucky to have your special needs mom friends" It is a supportive and less judgemental group of ladies, for sure. When I first had my children, I didn't have any local mom friends yet. I worried that the women I would meet would be like the women on the Real Housewives series. Thankfully, that wasn't the case.

But I feel fine socially. I saw hi to aquaintances and bond with my close gal pals. I think I hold my own socially. I credit my antipsychotic, Vraylar, for that, so thank you Allergan! Great drug! Great product!

Click on the link below to see the actual study.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3132204/

No comments:

Post a Comment