Sunday, June 9, 2019

Why can't the voices sound more like this?

Today a voice crept in when I was somewhat relaxed at home. I was anticipating a busy day. One of my daughters was attending a friend's birthday party. After that I was taking  my other daughter to a swim lesson. I might have been a bit stressed. So a negative female voice said something about my son to bother me. She said, "He will never surf!" Out of the corners of my mind came a revelation from my past that I thought I had put to bed. A few years ago, I used to put my kids in special needs surf camps. I guess I hoped that one of them would take to it. But we are done with surfing. My children aren't that interested in surfing anymore. It's weird how words and overtones can hurt your feelings. I am sensitive. When someone tries to hurt me, it usually works. Even if the subject isn't something that seriously bugs me. Don't rub it in. So rude!

Esteban: You want me to say something nice to you? You have to be joking me.


No comments:

Post a Comment