Tuesday, August 20, 2019

I remember in 1999, when I first got on my anti-psychotic, I gained a ton of weight. I had just moved from Los Angeles to San Diego and had to start over. I didn't have a job or any friends here. I was miserable. I started taking walks on the beach and the surfers looked at me so cold and territorial. I felt like I did not fit in here at all. The Red Hot Chili Peppers sing about Hollywood being the epitome of California. I disagree. San Diego is much more beachy, in the sterotypical, California-sense. 

I remember having a dream one night, about 20 years ago. I was naked on a roller coaster singing Californication at the top of my lungs. I felt embarrassed. I couldn't have felt less California or beachy-from my hair to my body. I was self-conscious and nothing much has changed. I have gone through periods where I frosted my hair, but it all seems so fake. I went on a date a few years ago and this guy I met online (some poser from Maine) said that I didn't look California. I look like I am from the East Coast. I was insulted. It was annoying but I have heard that many times before from non-Californians. So anyway, I just remembered that dream when this song came on the radio. LOL







No comments:

Post a Comment