Friday, August 30, 2019

I watched Reality Bites tonight on HBO. I haven't watched this movie since it came out in 1994. Great movie! I think I wrote this movie though. What a trip! My brother used to answer the phone, "Welcome to the winter of our discontent." Did they steal that line from the movie "Ferris Buellers Day Off" or from my brother? My memories are so contorted now. I do remember that my mother gave me a Chevron card in high school to buy gas with. I also bought food, drinks, and lighters there at the Chevron mini-mart. That storyline was ripped from my life! Seriously, this was a great, relatable movie. 

Since I seem to be stuck in college mentally, Reality Bites still entertains me. Many times in recent years, I have watched movies from my youth and cringe. Reality Bites is different though. I am admittedly reality-challenged and now I think that someone close to me wrote this screenplay about me. LOL It is that relatable. 




No comments:

Post a Comment