Monday, December 20, 2021

The evil that men do…

 The evil that men do lives after them;

The good is oft interred with their bones” -Shakespeare 

Wow! I came across this quote today, as I am about to attend a funeral tomorrow. I am not too familiar with Shakespeare. I mean, I read Caesar once in high school, but I forgot it, just as quickly as I read it.

However, here it is again, (this quote), staring back at me. I understand it now and I agree. I have been doing this with my mom who passed away in 2019. I ruminate on all the petty things, words, and times she made me upset or disappointed me. 

The fact is, she was a wonderful woman who loved me dearly. I think that I was even her favorite child. I  feel guilty for focusing on the negative things. She really was a dear love/sweetheart in my life.

I know that if I did this with my mother, who I was very close with, and who I even referred to her as my best friend in her eulogy, I am going to do this with my brother-in-law. Eric, who I wasn’t that close with, and who I took issue with at times, his funeral is tomorrow. Lord help me to remember all the good things about Eric and think happy thoughts!



No comments:

Post a Comment