Thursday, December 16, 2021

Why isn’t my name in the paper?



 

I called the City of Carlsbad about a dead seal that I saw at Batiquitos Lagoon today and got the run around. They didn’t want to handle it and referred me to Seaworld who said that they might want to experiment on it. They think that this animals death might be a result of the oil spill. But they acted like they were doing me a favor by possibly handling the situation.

Meanwhile this man discovered a rare dead fish at Swamis beach, takes a picture with it, and gets his fifteen minutes of fame. See the news article below. I just can’t win!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.com/news/california/extremely-rare-deep-sea-fish-washes-up-on-san-diego-county-beach-experts-say-only-31-ever-found-worldwide/amp/

Update: Good news! I talked to a park ranger today and this seal is not dead! It is hibernating there on the bank of the lagoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment