Sunday, August 21, 2022

Amazon just did me a huge favor

I had the impulse to spend $100 which I will never get back on an ad campaign for my book. Apparently Amazon ads rejected my ad content because it was offensive? My ad line said something like, “ Suffering in a sea of voices, Chiara falls into a psychotic abyss. How far will the voices push her until she gets the help that she needs?” Some people are so touchy. I wasn’t trying to offend the mental health community. I don’t even blame myself for my psychosis. I don’t know who to blame. I must admit that untreated psychosis can be dicey and dangerous, which is why I take my medication and consult my psychiatrist regularly. I lived through hell but no one wants to tell the truth, it seems, about the nature of violent command hallucinations. I guess I shouldn’t go there and just keep blaming my voices on haters who hex me? I really don’t know how to advertise my book. At least I saved $100, instead of wasting it on an ad campaign for people who won’t buy my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment