Friday, March 15, 2019

So, I have been stealing my memes from the schizophrenia.com meme thread. I admit it.

I must say that schizophrenics have the best sense of humor! We get each other and make each other laugh.

One side effect of antipsychotic medication is an increased appetite. We joke about our voracious appetite a lot on the site, as we are always hungry!



A lot of schizophrenics self-medicate. Fortunately, I only drink (and in small amounts). My antipsychotic can zap the joy out of drinking. It doesn't give me the euphoria that it used to. I might get a bit relaxed, followed by downright drowsiness. I do consider going completely sober. Alcohol consumption is frowned upon by mental health professionals and advocates. Alcohol is detrimental to the body and mind. We can't have any fun!

 Thank God I have a sense of humor! Humor helps me through my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment