Saturday, January 29, 2022

Is this for real?

Sometimes people say mean things to you and that’s the truth. People say things that hurt your feelings. Often these things are said by those people who are closest to you, like your family. Maybe I am just feeling sensitive because it’s my birthday weekend. It is just eerie how mean people are being, as if they are channeling my voices.

Instance #1 today 

Me: My friend was warning me that she is a brutally honest person and she has other friends that allow her to be her brutally honest self. Her friends are brutally honest right back at her. She loves this freedom to have no filter. They say things to each other like, “Oh you look fat in that dress.”

Stephen: Don’t allow her to be brutally honest with you. You are going to start hearing how fat you look all the time.

Me: ???


Instance #2 today 


Me: This mask is bothering me. I don’t know how you children wear them for hours at a time at school. Good for you for wearing your mask though!

Oldest daughter: It’s probably because you’re old! I mean, that is why you have a harder time wearing a mask for a long time. We are young so it’s different, easier.

Me (scoffs) Old? You’re calling me old?

Second oldest daughter: She’s not wrong. You’re almost 50! That’s old!

Great birthday weekend! Happy birthday to me! 😂 

No comments:

Post a Comment