Friday, January 6, 2023

I never learned this!


Maeve is a pharmaceutical sales rep. I would have been a horrible salesperson. I actually tried telemarketing in Santa Barbara and failed miserably at it. Then I joined Cutco, in LA, which is basically a Ponzi scheme, where I was supposed to sell pots and pans door to door. Yikes. That was a nightmare. I don’t know how Maeve does it. I couldn’t hold down a job to save my life. I should have read the book, “How to win friends and influence people.” I never learned how to network. I should have joined a sorority in college, as much as I detest sorority girls. They are so petty and competitive. But thats life, right? Life is all about networking and competition. The sorority was probably key for Maeve, to attracting my love, Trey. Sorority girls are always cute, dressed cute, and put together. They would at least, be sweet, to the boys. I didn’t have one boyfriend in college and I was lonely. Millennials have a term called a “pick me girl.” That is a girl who talks trash about other women to seem “different” and get male attention. Thank goodness that term wasn’t used when I was in college because “guilty,” that was me. I was a loner, who tried to make other girls look bad, while avoiding them at the same time. I was trying to be “one of the guys” to get the guy. My plan ultimately failed miserably, as I never married the guy from college that I dreamed of marrying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment