Saturday, January 14, 2023

Trying to lose weight

 It’s 2023, in mid-January, and I am still frustrated with my weight. I keep beating myself up over my inability to lose weight and get healthier. My family seems to have lost their patience with my weight as well. They constantly remind me of the fact that I used to be a lot thinner, once upon a time. My main problem is my Aquarian tendency to continually snack throughout the day. I also take antipsychotic medication that slows down my metabolism and makes me feel sluggish and hungry.

Here is a conversation between me and Stephen from today.

Danielle: Have you heard of the potato chip brand called The Uglies? They are supposedly made from ugly, unwanted potatoes. Eating these chips helps prevent food waste. It says so on the package.

Stephen: Do you want me to help you heat up that Tikki Masala for dinner? It’s better than eating, say…potato chips for dinner.

Danielle: I wasn’t going to eat potato chips for dinner. I was going to eat a lot more than that. These are just a pre-dinner snack. (So there.)

This is the first time in the history of our relationship that Stephen has ever tried to nudge me to eat healthier. Weird. At least one of us is losing weight thanks to starting diabetes meds. Unfortunately I am not the one losing weight. I wish I was losing weight. It’s very difficult for me to lose weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment